Re: TBS installation query

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

As part of the 'starting from scratch' I would like to try and reinstall
the TBS 6903 card from the defunct machine. I am wondering about the
correct order -

Install drivers (CrazyCat) and then card or vice versa.

Searched the web for any updates and can only see updated driver from
TBS itself.

Cheers
James

James,

I would install the drivers for the card first, then connect the card. I note that EUMETSAT suggest the other way round, but this may result in more recent incompatible drivers being installed. Remember that there will be a separate power lead as well. I'm currently using the 1.0.0.5 driver dated 2017/01/10. This stopped the regular stream of HVS-2 missed & recovered packets (which you can still see on some other stations):

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/tellicast-lund-hvs-2.html (yearly graph).

I used to have to edit out the large bursts due to wind & rain so that this steady stream wasn't hidden. I've not done that since mid-February,

Certainly try the TBS software - perhaps it's improved since I tried it but even with extensive help from TBS they could never find the cause of the problem. Symptom, blue screen of death after 1-30 hours. CrazyCat software no problems at all.

There is a EUMETSAT guide here:

http://www.eumetsat.int/website/wcm/idc/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dDocName=PDF_DMT_794850&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&Rendition=Web