Re: MSG-IODC

Ferdinand Valk

-----Original Message-----
From: MSG-1@groups.io On Behalf Of Ian Deans via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, 25 July, 2019 15:28
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] MSG-IODC
On 25/07/2019 16:10, Ferdinand Valk wrote:
I'm surprised to see no messages on the Group concerning the outage of
MSG-IODC. Eumetsat only announced a spacecraft anomaly but I could
find no further information.
Fortunately, having 2 Feng Yun satellites available, most services can
be derived from those, albeit not the precipitation. Has anyone a
suggestion to cover MPE for the IO region?

Cheers,
Ferdinand

Ferdinand, there was an announcement this afternoon saying that the DCP-
service had been resumed this morning, but that was all.

There have been previous incidents with Met-8 where it has gone into safe
mode and if this is the reason I would expect the service to resume within
the next 36 hours or so.

Thanks Ian, that is helpful. If indeed over the next period service will be restored, there may not be a need for alternative precipitation data.

Cheers,
Ferdinand