Re: MSG-IODC

Ian Deans

On 25/07/2019 16:10, Ferdinand Valk wrote:
I'm surprised to see no messages on the Group concerning the outage of
MSG-IODC. Eumetsat only announced a spacecraft anomaly but I could find no
further information.
Fortunately, having 2 Feng Yun satellites available, most services can be
derived from those, albeit not the precipitation. Has anyone a suggestion to
cover MPE for the IO region?
Cheers,
Ferdinand

Ferdinand, there was an announcement this afternoon saying that the DCP-service had been resumed this morning, but that was all.

There have been previous incidents with Met-8 where it has gone into safe mode and if this is the reason I would expect the service to resume within the next 36 hours or so.