Re: suitable LNB for Eutelsat 10A Eumetcast reception

Herman Vijlbrief

Roland,

Last year I updated my 85 cm dish to an 125 cm Wavefield dish mounted at 2.5 m height to get better HVS-1 reception.
The Inverto Black Ultra LNB is connected with my Ayecka by an 35 meter long cable.
My SNR is between 14.6 and 15.0 dB.
The 85 cm dish had about 11.5 dB SNR.
My location is 16 km south west of Amsterdam.

I compared my LNB with a Smart Titanium Universal LNB which had a bit lower SNR of about 14.3 dB max on the 125 cm Wavefield dish.

Roland I hope you can improve your SNR.

Greetings Herman

Op 24-7-2019 om 15:08 schreef fly.fechter@...:

Hello,
My 125cm Gibertini dish is located near Erlangen, Germany, i.e. Northern Bavaria.
It is on my balcony.
The signal I get from Eutelsat 9A is quite strong in the 15dB region whereas with Eutelsat 10A I am struggling to get set in the 11db region.
I have already spent many hours using various LNBs in order to push the Eumetcast signal strength to at least 13db which I think
is considered necessary as a minimum.
 HVS-1 reception at around 11dB does happen with the Goes 17 ABI manager  Himawari reception is not possible.
As some of you have told me that with my 1.25m dish a 13dB signal strength should be easily obtainable I wonder
to which locations this applies. Probably those  happy users are way North of me, UK, Scandinavia etc.
It would be helpful for my final efforts to know which LNB brands they use together with their 1m and 1.25m dishes
as well as their exact locations.
Perhaps there is a "THE"   LNB on the market likely to satisfy also my needs.
I look forward to your news.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland