Re: MPE MSG Animator

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I always found that the MPE data did not always appear to be accurate
and the SAF data now replacing it also does not appear accurate.

For example this afternoon the SAF precipitation data shows a band of
rain moving west to east, lying over eastern Scotland at approx. 15.00
UTC. There has not been any rain this afternoon moving west/east. It is
not showing on UK weather radar and it has been and is completely dry
here in the east of Scotland.

You would do better with Netweather,tv radar.

Ian,

I'm concerned if the error is due to my display of the data - location - I did a brief check and it looked OK but I didn't check in detail. It may also be that there are quality flags in the data which a more complicated program than mine might handle appropriately. I think you can download EUMETSAT's images of the data, so it would be interesting know that also has the unexpected areas.