Re: suitable LNB for Eutelsat 10A Eumetcast reception

mkempfde

Hi Roland,

I use the same LNB since many years together with a 78cm antenna in the Stuttgart region. I get a 10,4db  signal in BDADataEx under best conditions. Good enough for Basic Service. For HVS I believe a 1m antenna should be sufficient in southern Germany.

Markus
Am 24/07/2019 um 17:11 schrieb Thorsten Miglus:

Roland,

I use the Inverto Black Ultra LNB. Click on the link to purchase one from Ebay.
In Germany you have the strongest signal from Eutelsat 10A. In the UK it is weaker.
My location is in northern Bavaria near Hof and I have more than 14 dB SNR with my Gibertini dish.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 03:08 PM, fly.fechter@... wrote:
Hello,
My 125cm Gibertini dish is located near Erlangen, Germany, i.e. Northern Bavaria.
It is on my balcony.
The signal I get from Eutelsat 9A is quite strong in the 15dB region whereas with Eutelsat 10A I am struggling to get set in the 11db region.
I have already spent many hours using various LNBs in order to push the Eumetcast signal strength to at least 13db which I think
is considered necessary as a minimum.
 HVS-1 reception at around 11dB does happen with the Goes 17 ABI manager  Himawari reception is not possible.
As some of you have told me that with my 1.25m dish a 13dB signal strength should be easily obtainable I wonder
to which locations this applies. Probably those  happy users are way North of me, UK, Scandinavia etc.
It would be helpful for my final efforts to know which LNB brands they use together with their 1m and 1.25m dishes
as well as their exact locations.
Perhaps there is a "THE"   LNB on the market likely to satisfy also my needs.
I look forward to your news.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Roland