Re: Himawari reception

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Thanks, John !

All I can get is currently SNR 10.8. This enables me - clear sky - to receive Goes 17.

B1, B2,B3, etc. The problem I have is that I am unable

 to turn these into a coloured - false colour - image.

Could you please tell me how to obtain from the ABI manager false colour images of  the Goes 17 channels ?

I look forward to your kind reply.

Regards,

Roland

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] Himawari reception

Datum: 2019-07-23T18:47:16+0200

Von: "geojohnt via Groups.Io" <geojohnt@...>

An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

Roland,

Himawari moved to HVS-1 some time ago - as did GOES-E and GOES-W.
Firstly you need to 'tick the box' for Himawari data in your EUMETCast Licence account via EO Portal.

Secondly you will need to get a lot more SNR from your dish.
Currently, you hardly have enough link margin under clear sky conditions to receive the HVS-1 stream.

In a message dated 23/07/2019 17:12:02 GMT Standard Time, fly.fechter@... writes:

What settings are required where  ?- what service, basic service or HSV-1 ?
I no longer see images of Himawari though its data is part of the data I booked with Eumetsat !