Re: changes on SR1 to receive HVS1 and BASIC at the same time ... if possible, of course!

David J Taylor

Hello everyone.
I need clarification: to enable reception of HVS1 on SR1, at the same time as BASIC SERVICE (regardless of the antenna), is it sufficient to change the MODCODS and update the firmware to the latest version?
My soft ver is 1.05b250 , firm ver 2.02b922....I should update to the latest software version...true?
I read the eumetsat tutorials but am I not sure I understood correctly!!
I realized that to receive HVS2, another receiver is needed, but it is not my case.
Sorry for the ignorant question but sometimes the interpretation of some documents in English is not so immediate for me
Thanks to anyone who can give me advice

Mario

Mario,

I have software: 1.05b264 and FPGA: 2.02b022. EUMETSAT says 1.05b264 is "strongly suggested", so upgrade.

Yes, you are correct - just change the MODCODs. Either use the EUMETSAT configuration tool, or do it by hand:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Ayecka/Next-steps.html#modcod

Your English is much better than my Italian!

Ciao,