Re: SR-1 no traffic

Thorsten Miglus

Roland,

I have more than 14 dB SNR with my 125 cm Gibertini dish in Germany:
http://www.ing-miglus.de/eumetcast/snr.html

What is the brand of your dish and LNB?
Aligning a 125 cm dish is very tricky. You need a accuracy better then one degree for best SNR.
Cheaper dishes with lower mechanical stability may not be adjustable to the required precision.
Also optimising the skew and focus of your LNB is required. Tiny deviations make a huge difference.
In any way 11 dB SNR is to low for a 125 cm dish. There must be something wrong.
I reached 12.7 dB SNR with my old 90 cm dish!

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 12:48 PM, fly.fechter@... wrote:

Thanks, Torsten !

Most likely this strong signal is from Eutelsat 9A !

I reset the dish to get the usual modest signal from Eutelsat 10A - max 11 Db, -40dbm-

Very disappointing  to me probably there is some "interference" from neighbouring satellites weakening

my 10A signal. I aspired to get a sufficiently strong signal for HSV data - eg the Goes sats - but the

 weak signal from 10A excludes this and confines me to 'Basic service data, I think.

It is a true pity to shut out users like me from the highly interesting live Goes data.

Cant be helped, though.

Regards,

Roland