Re: Getting HVS Transponder 2 channel data

David J Taylor

HI Hugo

i am using client 2.14.4

And my card is a TBS 6903

What SNR do you have? I'm using the BDADataEx software (not the TBS software as it has crashed the PC in the past), and I see an SNR of 10.5 dB at this instant, which is just enough for HVS-2 but with little margin for bad weather etc. With that card you can receive both transponders.

You can either use the "single cable" method described by "Crazy Cat":

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html#single-cable

or use the two receivers on that card with the inputs from a single LNB and a satellite TV splitter (and I would put a DC block in one leg).

Here are comparison screen-shots with the single-cable method:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html#full-t2