Re: Dartcom Receiver

Robert Denton

Hi Graham,

I would have replied sooner but my email was not working. I just reverted back to win 7 from win 10 on all three of my pc's, can't be doing with all the latest systems. I might add that the Dartcom system you were  posting is a system 1 recvr and does not receive all the latest sat frequencies. I have a sat II rcvr but just recently upgraded to the APT-06 as I have the same problem with frequencies and my R2FU got damaged in the house move. If You have any questions I would be happy to help.

Rob.G4YRZ

On 07/07/2019 16:16, Graham Errington wrote:
Thanks Rob.

Graham

On 7 Jul 2019, at 15:08, Robert Denton <rob@...> wrote:

On 04/07/2019 20:26, Rob wrote:

On 01/07/2019 15:50, Graham Errington wrote:
I have the opportunity to buy a Dartcom Satellite receiver, 136-138 Mhz for weather satellites. There isn't anything on it to identify which model it might be. Knowing a bit about its provenance I know it is an older model but it is in very good condition.

The problem I have is I don't know how to connect it to my computer, there is a DIN socket on the back which is where all the connections will feed into, I've been told that there are two connections for a tape recorder and one for the computer.

Does anyone know what the wiring diagram is for the DIN plug and as I don't have a tape recorder anymore can it be connected to a digital recorder or is it really necessary and could I just dispense with this. I assume that the end of the connections are audio plugs to connect to the computer etc.

Also which is the recommended software for displaying the images/maps.

Graham

<System II RX DIN.bmp>