Re: Tellicast bas and hvs-1 change over.

geojohnt@...

David,

I'm so sorry, I think I'm suffering from data overload!

Somehow, my AVHRR Manager 'got switched off' around 14:00 yesterday.
Having switched it back on, it has now processed all yesterday and today's pending data the AVHRR_HRP_00 _MO1 and MO2 BZ2'1 of course.

Yes, it's all the sounding data that filling up the folder.

And yes, I'd better update my MDM.

I've ticked 'Delete Channel 1 data' in AVHRR Manager File options - what does that do?

I've just looked back at my old TC V2.4.4a recv.channel.ini and seen that I had it configured differently - and had no trouble with GB's of unprocessed data files:

EUMETSAT Data Channel 1 went to received.

EPS-10 went to \received\EPS-data

EPS-15 went to \received\AVHRR-GAC-data.

E1B-TPG-1 went to received

E1B-TPL-1 went to received

Compared to the current bas:

Many of my bas channels are directed their own folder.
However bas default accepts channels:

E1B-TPG-1
E1B-TPL-1
EPS-10
EPS-15

Which is causing problems.

I think I'm 'losing it' and need to go and lie down in a darkened room.

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

>AVHRR_HRP_00_MO1_ .... BZ2 are likely EARS data - do you have an AVHRR
>manager running?

>If you don't want the sounding data, perhaps you can use the EO Portal to
>turn it off?

>Cheers,
>David

In a message dated 26/06/2019 19:04:41 GMT Standard Time, gm8arv@... writes:

David, and All,

Sorry this is turning into a bit of a saga.

I hadn't got 'those' boxes ticked in my 'main' MDM.

I did that earlier, closing and then opening the programme again having made
the changes.

I'm not sure it has made any differences in the last 4 hours.

All my unprocessed data is effecting only bas.
The two problem folders are:

bas default - 6.44 GB's of unprocessed files.
bas EUMETSAT Data Channel 1 - 6.01 GB's unprocessed files.

Many of my bas channels are directed their own folder.
However bas default accepts channels:

E1B-TPG-1
E1B-TPL-1
EPS-10
EPS-15

Unprocessed files in bas default:

H-000-GOMS2_4 'file'
thin_MOD021KM 'file.

Now, I know MOD is Modis and I don't have my Modis programme running as I
don't use the imaging.

Unprocessed files in bas EUMETSAT Data Channel 1:

AVHRR_HRP_00_MO1_ .... BZ2
AVHRR_HRP_00_MO2_ .... BZ2
avhrr_0 ... noaa19.hrp    BZ2
hirs - metop and noaa - iasi, amsua, ath, iras, mhs, DBNet
WXX-EUMETSAT- ...... SING+LEV

It seems I have missed 2 MDM updates in the last couple of weeks?
Mine is V3.1.12.1301 2019-Apr-22.

It seems that Metop NOAA 'sounding' data is being sent in the same stream as
VIS/IR.
No problem in that except it sits unprocessed and/or un-deleted in the
default folder.

Regards,
John