From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of David J Taylor via Groups.Io
Sent: 24 June 2019 19:31
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Waiting for Segments in AVHRR

Hi Gerard,

No not yet, I am OK with GOES 16 & 17 and I think what is SEVIRI but just wanted to decode some NOAA19 pictures. I can do this direct from NOAA19 when it goes overhead using my FT-818 and WXToIMG on 137.100Mhz but I think the image quality would be better grabbing them from EUMETSAT.

Thanks
Andy

Andy,

As you know, but for the benefit of others, the best choice for NOAA-19 real-time images is the EARS stream, which actually includes NOAA-19, Metop-A, Metop-B and Metop-C, and these are all 5-channel, 1 km resolution data from the NOAA AVHRR scanner. This is ten times the resolution of the APT 137 MHz data.

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/AVHRRmanager.htm

Any problems, just ask.

73,
David GM8ARV