Re: Tellicast bas and hvs-1 change over.

geojohnt@...

David,

Regarding the TC error messages, mmmm.
We had a little rain last night but with my patent plastic lemonade bottle LNB rain shield keeping -1 dB rain drops off the LNB face, my link margin for HVS is always a 'couple of dB's, at least' above threshold.

But yes, just the one SR1 for reception of both streams.
Lets hope we have some heavy rain when I'm at the computer.

Yes, I've learnt the mistake of leaving [channel] name=* in the ini configuration not commented out.

The trouble seems to be that not only the wanted Metop and NOAA 5 channel VIS and IR data are being disseminated via EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_1 but also all the 'unwanted' EARS sounding data which is clogging up the file.

In a message dated 25/06/2019 16:25:40 GMT Standard Time, gm8arv@... writes:

I get those when the signal is becoming weak.  If you're using one receiver
for BAS and HVS-1 then a weak HVS-1 signal can trigger errors like this in
the BAS.

Again, with the other stuff, turn on channels one at a time and see when the
unwanted data starts.  Don't have a catch-all "*" default channel.