Re: Tellicast V2.4.4 'configuration.'

g3pha.morris@btinternet.com

Greetings John, Yes I have often wondered why EUMETCast don't identify which satellite
is allied to which channel in their listing. Would be most useful. John Morris.

On Saturday, 15 June 2019, 15:40:54 BST, geojohnt via Groups.Io <geojohnt@...> wrote:

Hello All,

Goodness, I do feel like and old duffer!

Having just updated all my SatSignal programmes and seeing a Himawari tab on the latest MDM I'm tentatively
experimenting with HVS-1 on Tellicast V2.14.4 running in parallel with TC V2.4.4a - for BS.

Now, my - what was recv.channel.ini - in the old version is 'empty' on the new version::

+++++++++
[channel]
name=*
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default
tmp_directory=\EUMETCast\tmp\hvs-1

# DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE THE FOLLOWING SECTION!!!
[channel]
name=WWW-Channel
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=www/eumetsat
tmp_directory=www/tmp/
+++++++++

I've let HVS-1 run for around 3 hours and HTML Shell has shown these channels have been active during that time:
E1H-TPG2
E1H-TPL 1
E1H-TPG 4E1H-EPS 10
E1H-RDS 1
TSL HVS-1

Looking in my EUMETCast > received > hvs-1 > default folder I have (5.44 GB):

goes 15 BZ2 files
(lots of) IMG_DK01B01 and DK01B01/B06/B09/B10/B11/B12/B14/B16, BZ2 files
IMG_DK01IR1/IR2/IR3/IR4, BZ2 files
IMG_DK01VIZ, BZ2 files
SVMC_npp_(date)_txxxxx_exxxxx, H5 files
W_XX-EUMETSAT_Darmstadt, SOUNDING...., BIN files

????

Now, I don't know what satellites VIS/IR data HVS-1 is disseminating and I've looked on David's website and
and found under 'Using EUMETCast' a table detailing Channel Names  - BS, HVS-1, HVS-2.
And a link to EUMETSAT's channel naming pages.

However, it/they, are not always explicit - saying things like third party geo rather than naming the individual satellites.

So, sorry for being so dumb, but what satellites VIS and IR data is disseminated on HVS-1 that isn't disseminated on BS?
And, would somebody be kind enough to send me a sample/suggested HVS-1 'rcvd.channels.ini - as was, as a guide.

Much appreciated,

Regards,
John Tellick