Re: Help with decoding

David J Taylor

Hi,

I have a TBS-6903 dual port card in a fairly hi spec PC (i7 8086K@5Ghz, 32Gb ram, 2TB SSDs and a 8tb NAS). I have a 1M dish (on a motor) and am getting 98% signal and 78% quality from Eutalsat 10A and have configured TBS-IP to save the IP stream to C:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default (which is actually a symboilc link to my NAS). I have installed MSG Data Manager and I have recieved only about 50Gb of data which had been downloading for about 12 hours however when I select "check" against the Tellicast recieved files location in setup, for either the default location of C:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default or C:\EUMETCast\received it says WARNING no MSG files found. If I start the scan with the start button and leave for a few hour again I get no progress.... Am I just not waiting long enough for enough data in the received folder?

An example of the file name of the 2000 files in the folder is: OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M6C01_G16_s20191530810453_e20191530820161_c20191530820207-118900_0.nc

Thanks

Andy
==============================

Andy,

The MSG Data Manager doesn't handle the new format GOES-16 data. The "Check" function is for MSG-4 Basic Service data.

Instead you can use my (free) GOES ABI Manager. Set up two instances (with different executable names) and both GOES-16 and GOES-17 data can be managed:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/GOES-ABI-Manager.html

The two instances can be in the same directory:

GoesAbiManager-G16.exe
GoesAbiManager-G17.exe
hdf5.dll
hdf5_hl.dll