Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast

Ernst Lobsiger

Hartmut,

If you have a GNU/Linux box it should also be possible to crosscompile that for Windows with mingw64-x86_64-gcc. I never did that but AFAIK that's what Hugo does with EUMETCastView.

If nothing helps ask on the google list Christian pointed to. BTW there are a couple of scripts
you could try that do not need xRITDecompress (e.g Suomi_NPP or NOAA_20 VIIRS).

When it comes to bz2 decompress I do it the GNU/Linux way but I just noted recently
that this is also provided in Python by satpy.readers.utils.unzip_file(...). So don't give up.