Re: Pytroll/SatPy for EUMETCast

simonproud <simon.proud@...>

Hi Ernst,
Thanks - but my contributions are very very small...and (I think) none are related to data sent over EUMETCAST!
Unfortunately we don't use Fengyun 2 data, so I won't be able to add a reader for that. We do use FY-4 data, however, and I hope to hire a summer student who will add that data-stream to SatPy :-)

Cheers,
Simon

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 at 22:02, Ernst Lobsiger <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote:
Simon,

no idea how much work this really is. But could you write a SatPy reader for the FengYun GEO satellites (FY2E and FY2G IIRC)? It's HDF5 files in EUMETCast Channel_12  (Z_SATE_C_BABJ_2019 ....HDF.gz). Or could this be sort of a student project that you are able to initiate? Thank you for the code you already gave to Pytroll. My contribution will stay on a far lower level. With my aging brain I already struggle to keep my medium C-knowlege alive ...

Best regards,