Re: HD AWOL?

David J Taylor

Dear All,

Er, I appear to have lost my E:\ data drive overnight.

I run 24/7 but when I switched the monitors on at 08:00 this morning all
running programmes [MDM - 0 degrees, IODC, RSS, AVHRR, Animator,
Metop A, Metop B] had stopped running at 02:15 - 02:20.

TC was still showing a pink T.
And SR1 Console was still showing signal.

I closed all programmes and rebooted the computer and found all MSG
programme desktop icons 'white' - except HRPT Reader(?), RAMDISK
and those that reside on C:\.

'This PC' shows no E:\ Data (HD) drive - as in attached screen shot.

Mmmmm?

Regards,
John Tellick.

John,

It seems that your HRPT Reader was installed on C: - that's fine.

You might be able to get into the BIOS and see whether the HDD (E:) is listed. Perhaps a connector has fallen out? Worth opening the box to check.

I recently had a data disk fail which had been taking much of the HVS-1 and HVS-2 feeds and just saving the data - no processing. Since then I been cutting back on the data saved as far as possible on all PCs.

There's one utility you might try:

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

which can show the basic health of an SSD or HDD.

Good luck!