Re: Roll-out of new EUMETCast Client Software (Tellicast), EKU hardware and drivers from 22 Feb

David J Taylor

Dear All

Up to now we have worked with 32Bit TC/EKU software even under 64Bit GNU/Linux.
The new native 64Bit GUN/Linux TC/EKU software seems to be a real step forward.
I now have for the first time an EUMETCast receiver for T1 + T2 that works in
a decent way *without* using a RAM disk even on my ancient PC hardware.

PC 10 year old Fujitsu Siemens P7935 8GB RAM. OS Devuan 2.0.0 amd64 GNU/Linux.
Receives Basic + HVS-1 + HVS-2 with a TBS-6903X card and processes on the fly
all Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B OLCI EFR as original, normalized and equalized.

Exports all files via NFS for special processing with EUMETCastView or PyTroll.

Ernst,

It will be interesting to see when/if Windows users get a 32-bit version. As far as I know we only have a 32-bit version at the moment.

Twitter:@gm8arv