Re: Data Loss

David J Taylor

This morning at about 11.25 - 11.30 UTC I saw substantial losses on both
the basic and HVS-1 service ( not taking HVS-2) as did Douglas.

However on David's Tellicast packet loss page some are showing no losses
at all including David. I find this rather strange.

I see a recent mail advising that GOES 17 has been on mode 6 testing
since yesterday until tomorrow, although there are presently problems
with both GOES 16 and 17 data.

Only to be expected, Ian, as reduction of signal during the solar outage can confuse the device about which of the two modes it should be in. I have a BS-only receiver, so a higher link margin, and so far no losses reported.

Twitter:@gm8arv