Re: Goes 16

Ferdinand Valk

Sent: Monday, 04 February, 2019 15:56
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Goes 16

David,

Coming Friday the naming of Goes-16 files changes temporarily.
Announcement 4500: "Due to a change of GOES-16 operations mode from
MODE 3 to MODE 6, there will be a temporary filename change of GOES-16
ABI L1B products in the indicated time frame. Filenames will start with
'OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M6C02_G16_' instead of 'OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-
M3C02_G16_'."

Is the ABI manager robust enough to cope with this or do I need to take
other measures?

Cheers,
Ferdinand
=======================================

Ferdinand,

Without actual data to check, there's no way of anticipating all possible
side
effects. One area where there might be problems is that the data changes
from every 15 minutes to every 10 minutes, and there is at least one area
in
the program where the sense time is rounded to 15-minute periods, so I
better make that mode-dependant!

Beta update uploaded - fingers crossed!

Thanks David, it is running now and I will keep an eye on it to see if
anything unexpected shows up.

Cheers,
Ferdinand