Re: Goes 16

David J Taylor

David,

Coming Friday the naming of Goes-16 files changes temporarily.
Announcement 4500: "Due to a change of GOES-16 operations mode from MODE 3
to MODE 6, there will be a temporary filename change of GOES-16 ABI L1B
products in the indicated time frame. Filenames will start with
'OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M6C02_G16_' instead of 'OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M3C02_G16_'."

Is the ABI manager robust enough to cope with this or do I need to take
other measures?

Cheers,
Ferdinand

Ferdinand,

Without actual data to check, there's no way of anticipating all possible side effects. One area where there might be problems is that the data changes from every 15 minutes to every 10 minutes, and there is at least one area in the program where the sense time is rounded to 15-minute periods, so I better make that mode-dependant!

Beta update uploaded - fingers crossed!