Re: Eumetsat Data Policy.

simonproud <simon.proud@...>

Hi,
From memory there were already some changes introduced in mid-November last year, these new changes go a little bit further.
Still nowhere near as good as NOAA, however, who offer all their data free-of-charge (even for commercial use) in near-realtime via the Amazon and Google clouds.

Cheers,
Simon

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 12:07, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Interesting !

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/TechnicalBulletins/DataCentre/DAT_4217246.html

Douglas,

Had you heard about this before?  I'm amazed at (apparently) such changes
with just one day's notice!  I was thinking that end-users may have been
e-mailed, but not manufacturers.

I remember something about licencing from last year but I thought it was
just my 5-yearly renewal.  I don't recall any significant changes.

Likely it's good news for those who don't want to pay for an eToken!

73,
David GM8ARV