Re: MapToGeo

Ferdinand Valk

-----Original Message-----
From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of David J Taylor via
Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, 07 November, 2018 16:54
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] MapToGeo

David,

I see two issues:

1) With the new location of Goes-15 the background mapping needs to be
changed as well. Will it be possible for you to include the new mapping
into
MapToGeo?

2) Another thing that I noticed is that the background mapping of Goes-17
does not correspond to the boundaries. Although most of the US/LatAm is
accurately mapped, the western coast is quite off (as is the less
important
eastern edge of the image at Africa). See attached image.
//
=====================================

Ferdinand,

1. Done, I hope.

2. Caused by the non-WMO mapping which the Americans are using for
GOES-16/17. Whilst I didn't check it, that should have been fixed as well
(simply by recompiling the program with the updated mapping routine).

I've not yet looked at the change of GOES-W in the GeoSatSignal World
View.
Please remind me if it's not done in a couple of days. Other (good)
things are
quite busy at the moment!

=====================
David,

Try as I might I can't get the proper remap out of MapToGeo for Goes-15. The
generated background-msg1-goes_w.bmp is totally off.
Just to make sure:
- using v2.0.5.54, registered version
- opening plate carree full world image
- Remap to MSG1-GOES_W
- Save to GeoSatSignal directory as background-msg1-goes_w.bmp (Old version
previously deleted)

Unless my seniority plays tricks on me, the remap is centered far west of
the intended location.
I also do not see a change in the non-WMO mapping for Goes-17.

I really hope it is something simple.

Cheers,
Ferdinand