Re: SR1 telnet Menu Timeout.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello James,

Since you suggested recently that Philip changes this in order have time to sort out his problem, and I'd been meaning to do this for ages, since my PuTTY USB link doesn't work - keeps telling me "X Unable to open connection to COM 3. Unable to open serial port" I've had a go at extending the time today- but failed.

In case it is of use to others (my excuse) I wonder if you might please detail the steps required to do this?

I get into the System page and type D but it doesn't open a change setting window.
And nothing else I've tried opens a 'change settings' page.

Or, if these steps are detailed in the SR1 manual, perhaps you could direct me to the page?

Long time - no see.
I hope you are well,
Best wishes,
John.

With respect, this has been done to death recently! Haven't you been following along <grin>! Use the SR1 Console, which has the Telnet (over IP) option. Forget the USB/COM port!