Re: Himawari problem

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Meantime Eumetsat informed that the Himawari issue is caused in the data transfer from JMA to Eumetsat, resulting in intermittent and delayed data. There is thus far no solution or a resolution time frame available.

MSG Data Manager cannot cope with the haphazard data stream, resulting in a very high percentage of ignored data/images. The script developed by Miglus Thorsten collects the ‘random’ incoming segments until complete for an image, which can then be processed by the MSG Data Manager, albeit with varying delay. Recommended for people that need the Australasia/Pacific region.

Hopefully things will be normalized soon, keeping in mind that with the changing Goes-West parameters and Goes-17 not yet disseminated, the Pacific region is critically under-represented.

Ferdinand

Ferdinand, Thorsten,

I would be interested to know whether, with Thorsten's buffer running, you see any missed data in the Himawari stream. My expectation is that the MSG Data Manager will log data as being received, even if it's too late to be of value. With that assumption, I'm finding missing data even some 26 hours after it should have been sent. I.e. it's not just a data buffering issue, but one of data being missing as well.

I'd welcome comments.