Re: Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)... yellow exclamation mark

Thorsten Miglus

Philip,

once again:

1. Remove the USB UART Bridge from USB.
2. Follow this instructions to fully remove the driver: How to remove drivers
3. Install the driver v10.1.3
4. Plug in the USB UART Bridge.

Otherwise you will not have sucess!

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 09:11 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi,
I have just had a quick go to update the driver and my dialog box reports
Update Drivers-Silicon Labs CP210xUSB to UART Bridge (Com3)
The best drivers for your device is already installed
yet in general properties it reads this device cannot start (code10). The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

i then checked version and i still have driver version 6.7.0.0.
mmmmmmm??... must dash to work now
cheers Philip