Re: Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)... yellow exclamation mark

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Philip,

Driver Version 6.7.0.0 on your computer.
From the Silicon Labs download page:
Download for Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/8.1 (v6.7)
You have already installed the wrong driver version v6.7.

Before installing the Windows 10 driver you should remove the wrong driver.
This link may help to completely remove the wrong driver:
How to remove drivers
Then install the Windows 10 driver.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 02:01 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:
Hi,
I hope someone can help
i am in the process of installing all my satellite software from my old slow windows8.1 machine to a new a fast windows10 machine. I cant even get past the first hurdle.
I am trying to connect to my ayecka SR1. On my older machine i have in device manager Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3) working correctly and could connect using telnet to my ayecka device.

However in my new windows 10 machine i have downloaded from Silicon Labs the Windows10 Universal version (v10.1.3) and installed it on my windows 10 machine. I have looked  in device manager and the  Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)  has a yellow exclamation mark and in its general properties it reads this device cannot start (code10). The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.
Driver details shows
C:\Windows\system32\Drivrs\silabenm.sys
C:Windows system32\Drivers\silabser.sys
C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoinstaller01009.dll
Driver Date19/03/2014
Driver Version 6.7.0.0
I have tried disabling, updating all sorts but cant get rid of this yellow exclamation mark. I wonder if ive downloaded the correct sofware https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

All seems to look right but i have  a yellow exclamation mark and of course i cant get to my ayecka SR1
I have plugged in , the edimax usb to serial cable, and this working fine on my older computer

I do have teamviewer13 on my system if anyone would care to look. I could arrange a mutual time.

hoping someone can
Philip