Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)... yellow exclamation mark

Philip Robinson

Hi,
I hope someone can help
i am in the process of installing all my satellite software from my old slow windows8.1 machine to a new a fast windows10 machine. I cant even get past the first hurdle.
I am trying to connect to my ayecka SR1. On my older machine i have in device manager Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3) working correctly and could connect using telnet to my ayecka device.

However in my new windows 10 machine i have downloaded from Silicon Labs the Windows10 Universal version (v10.1.3) and installed it on my windows 10 machine. I have looked  in device manager and the  Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)  has a yellow exclamation mark and in its general properties it reads this device cannot start (code10). The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.
Driver details shows
C:\Windows\system32\Drivrs\silabenm.sys
C:Windows system32\Drivers\silabser.sys
C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoinstaller01009.dll
Driver Date19/03/2014
Driver Version 6.7.0.0
I have tried disabling, updating all sorts but cant get rid of this yellow exclamation mark. I wonder if ive downloaded the correct sofware https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

All seems to look right but i have  a yellow exclamation mark and of course i cant get to my ayecka SR1
I have plugged in , the edimax usb to serial cable, and this working fine on my older computer

I do have teamviewer13 on my system if anyone would care to look. I could arrange a mutual time.

hoping someone can
Philip