Re: GEO-16 file format

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From: Robert Moore

A couple of hours with Graham on this has had the following results:

Both drives on the receiver PC can be seen by the ABI Manager on the
processing PC.
ABI Manager cannot retrieve files from either drive on the receiver PC.
One receiver disk is currently receiving BAS data which is being processed
normally on the processing PC (so no network issue for that drive).
Mapping the hard drive or GEOS folder in the receiver as a network drive on
the processing PC does not solve the problem.
Files can be copied and pasted manually from the receiver/..../GEOS-16
folder (whichever disk it is located on) to the processing PC over the
network.
Copying and pasting the received GEO-16 files to a folder on the processing
PC and pointing ABI-Manager to this folder - works. I have had an
opportunity to see the quality of the GEOS-16 imagery.
Are others successfully using ABI Manager over a network?

Yes, Robert, on the two GOES ABI Manager systems here, one works with local files, and one with network files. No problems.

I recall that in the past you have had network problems using files, so perhaps the same issues have arisen again. I recommend "Full Control" security both for the directories and files which are being shared, and for the network share itself. Alternatively, as Thorsten has suggested try using e.g. RoboCopy to "move" (not "copy") the files.