Re: Question about the power (dBm) values

Herman Vijlbrief

Many thanks David for this reply.
I'll see it is no problem to keep de Inverto at the dish.

Have i nice F1 weekend with hopefully the same two winners as last year..

Greetings Herman

Op 24-10-2018 om 20:54 schreef David J Taylor via Groups.Io:

Dear all,

During installation of my new dish I thought it was the moment to change my old Smart Titanium LNB with a new Inverto Black Ultra LNB.
The SNR of the Inverto was about 0,5 dB higher comparing to the Titanium LNB.

And i saw a significant increase of the power level from - 26 dBm (Titanium) to - 19 dBm (Inverto) in the SR1 controller display.
Because de dBm value is out of the green display area a question came up about this high value.
Is that high value OK or is it too high for good reception.
And if it is too high can I tweak this value down?

Any advise highly appreciated.

Greetings,

Herman Vijlbrief

Herman,

On my own Ayecka HVS-1 receiver I see -18/-19 dBm and I don't see problems. If it was significantly higher that that I might add a splitter (likely cheaper than a 3/4 dB attenuator!).