Re: Solar outage SNR

You beat me to it.

I'm eagerly awaiting my co-linearity next week to see if the neighbours fir tree has grown with its shadow taking up some of the shift I made to my dish in February.

One thing perhaps you could answer with WXtrack Solar Outage details is, what does 'First nulls beamwidth: 3.73 degrees' mean/show?

John,

You've just got time to set up that TBS/BDADataEx monitoring PC!

The (theoretical) angle between the the first points (cones) on either side on the dish aiming point where the dish gain is zero (well, minimum).

See:
http://happy.emu.id.au/lab/rep/rep/9510/picspace/fig7a.gif

From:
http://happy.emu.id.au/lab/rep/rep/9510/txtspace/9510_010.htm