Re: BS - formally Re: [MSG-1] Atlantic hurricanes.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello Alan, Simon Thorsten and All,

Since I started off this discussion, I'd better say something.
I'll try to be brief but .....?
[]
Having said that, BS's stronger SNR does give a reliable quick-look service for 'all' users including professionals, academic users, emergency services, etc using a smaller dish.

... and every duplication of HVS-1 data on the BS takes away capacity on the BS. Likely if the lower-quality data would suffice, you could get it over the Internet via e.g. FTP, as EUMETSAT already supply for their own satellite(s).