From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ian Deans via
Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, 16 September, 2018 15:02
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Himawari Basic Service

Hi Ferdinand,

Thanks for your mail.

The first thing to mention is that I am only taking basic at the moment due to a
shortage of receivers, so I have no 10 minute data coming in and my dedicated
Himawari Data Manager is not running.

My IODC and RSS Data Manager have the same settings as I have used for a
number of years with everything unticked and set to 0. To be doubly sure I
checked the logs and no Himawari data shows.

So all very strange but I am still seeing the odd non half hour data coming in
often with gaps and occasional missing segments on the half hour data.

On 16/09/2018 14:36, Ferdinand Valk wrote:
Ian,

I'm not seeing that here. What you describe is often occurring when there are
2 instances of the Data Manager looking into the same \received directory
while both instances have the same sat selected. In my case I changed the
selected satellite to MSG-2 (currently not disseminated) for the 10 minute data.
The latter looks at a ..\hvs-1\E1H-TPG-2\ receiving directory and the basic 15
minutes looks at the general MSG-4 received directory.

Maybe this helps?

Cheers,
Ferdinand