Re: BDADataEx

Ian Deans

On 16/09/2018 08:50, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
Further to previous correspondence I have to report that I have been
unable to set up two instances of BDADataEx on this computer to run a
5925 and a 5927. Having spent well over 2 hours working on this and
following David's instructions I have to accept defeat. I suspect my
severe driver issues with the 5927 maybe part of the trouble, and the
IPS tool is unusable on my computer with USB boxes.
So from 3 usable receivers including my SR1, I am now down to only being
able to use one, so it will be basic only for a while.
Ian,
I'm sorry to hear this.  Exactly when, where and how do things go wrong?
You need to install the drivers prior to plugging in the TBS5927.  As mentioned before, the driver I'm using is the one named "tbs5927_win10_driver_v1.0.0.4.zip", with the tbs5927.sys dated 2018-01-22.
Could you see whether with the Device Manager, under Sound, video and games controllers, you have two TAP devices listed?  This may only apply with both TBS devices plugged in and switched on.
Their IP tool is completely replaced by BDADataEx so being broken doesn't matter.  I've found the drivers to at least "OK".

As I suspected it is my driver issue with the TBS 5927 that is the problem. I cannot use the driver version 1.0.0.4 the one that is available from TBS as it crashes with the message " not for this platform" and I have been trying for 10 months !!!

As a result I have to use an old driver 1.0.0.3 and that has to be loaded every morning when I start up ( do not run overnight ). That means I cannot install the 5927 driver prior to plugging it in. When I boot up in the morning the TBS 5927 is shown in control panel as unknown device even although it was working the previous day with driver 1.0.0.3 loaded.

To be honest David I find the TBS software for the 5927 as utter crap!!!

I appreciate the reply.