Re: Atlantic hurricanes.

Alan Sewards

I quite agree. The decision not to include GOES E in the Basic Service seems perverse. And it's time to recognise that the HVS services will never find a wide audience with the practical limitations imposed by the low EIRP.
Alan Sewards

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:53 geojohnt via Groups.Io, <geojohnt=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Mmmmmm!

I suspect I'm not the only one annoyed at the (earlier) termination of GOES E data from EUMETCast's Basic Service this year?

Currently three active hurricanes in the Atlantic - one massive closing in on the East Coast of America.
I would have thought that these storms - and the increasingly changing world weather, was certainly valid to be  included in a full worldwide Basic Service as before.

Not happy!

Regards,
John Tellick.