Re: Boundary data

Ferdinand Valk

-----Original Message-----
From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of David J Taylor via
Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, 11 September, 2018 08:10
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Boundary data

David,

The file has been sent to your blueyonder address. All lines are missing
everywhere, so not a particular place.

Thanks for looking at this.

Cheers,
Ferdinand
============================

Thanks, Ferdinand. I tried your file and the boundaries plot correctly,
as I said
in my direct message.

As a general point, I'm now using the GSHHG shoreline data version 2.3.7
(note
the changed name), and using the borders (world database) from the same
source. The countries.dat file is very simple starter file, and likely to
be well out
of date. Perhaps these files will include the extra data you need?

http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/wessel/gshhg/ => binary download

In my GeoSatSignal tests I'm using:

Country boundary => Shorelines: gshhs_i.b Secondary user overlay =>
Borders:
wdb_borders_i.b

The data is available at multiple resolutions, so you can choose the
quality
which best meets your needs. The last character in the file name is:

f - full resolution
h - high resolution
i - intermediate resolution
l - low resolution

David,

I have sent you a direct email with all the settings involved. As indicated
in that mail, it is not related to any boundary file. None work (for me) in
v 1142 and all in 1134. I'm using not only the modified country.dat file but
also the SOEST files in various resolutions, depending on the job at hand.

Ferdinand