Re: Boundary data

The file has been sent to your blueyonder address. All lines are missing
everywhere, so not a particular place.

Thanks for looking at this.

Cheers,
Ferdinand
============================

Thanks, Ferdinand. I tried your file and the boundaries plot correctly, as I said in my direct message.

As a general point, I'm now using the GSHHG shoreline data version 2.3.7 (note the changed name), and using the borders (world database) from the same source. The countries.dat file is very simple starter file, and likely to be well out of date. Perhaps these files will include the extra data you need?

http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/wessel/gshhg/ => binary download

In my GeoSatSignal tests I'm using:

Country boundary => Shorelines: gshhs_i.b
Secondary user overlay => Borders: wdb_borders_i.b

The data is available at multiple resolutions, so you can choose the quality which best meets your needs. The last character in the file name is:

f - full resolution
h - high resolution
i - intermediate resolution
l - low resolution