Re: New PC

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I think its more to do with compatability on speeds/spec as mine will be
4 yrs old since built.
Alan

Yes, still worth checking, though.

I do wish I understood why two PCs without RAMdisks have fewer lost HVS-1/2 packets on average than one with big RAMdisks! And why Arne's losses are fewer than mine! At least, HVS-2 with its weaker signal is less important for both of us. The snag with a single receiver, though, is losing some BS data when the signal isn't quite good enough for HVS-1. At least with two receivers you can make one BS-only, and the other HVS-1-only.