Re: Splitter per Eumetcast

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

HI everybody,

Please someone can recommend a splitter suitable for the Eumetcast signal.
Particular characteristics are required?

Many thanks
kind Regards

Alberto

Alberto,

Unless your signal level is particularly low, and "Satellite TV splitter" will suffice. If you /do/ have a low signal, you could consider adding an in-line pre-amp.

I prefer to have one receiver definitely in control of the LNB, providing the power and the 22 kHz switching signal. For that reason, I prefer a splitter where there is a DC-pass option on only a single leg. These seem to be less common, but here's a couple of examples:

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p66100?searchstr=Wideband%20TV%20&%20Satellite%20Splitter%202%20Way

http://vision-products.co.uk/product/v26-102led/

If you are using a dual-tuner PCIe card such as the TBS 6903 you can connect the two inputs together internally by software, so you might not need the splitter at all.