Re: RSS

Ferdinand Valk

-----Original Message-----
From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of David J Taylor via
Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, 12 August, 2018 09:32
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] RSS

I do take the RSS met products. The current coverage is smaller than it will be.
In East-West direction there are no changes; the north-south coverage will be
extended to 22 degrees N. As I understand it this also applies to the basic 11
RSS channels themselves. I'm not sure if the HRV channel will be affected or not.

Ferdinand

I did the sums (briefly) and the new products fit within the present RSS scan.
Perhaps someone would like to confirm this?

You are right David. The current extent of RSS is about16-17degrees north (f) and your cropped nf version stops at 22N. This changes when MSG-2 is used for RSS though (different remap). So, in both cases the extended coverage of MPEF fits within the RSS as-is.

Cheers,
Ferdinand