Re: Tellicast client version 2.14.4 for Linux

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi David,

If you use 'minimal' hardware ( Pentium, 486 ) than Linux is the only solution. You can't run Windows 10 on a 486 PC ...
I have only one receiving PC ( a Pentium from several years ago ) were I run BS, HVS-1 and HVS-2 without any problems.
Why do you use four PC's to receive Eumetcast ? Redundency ?

Kind regards,
Hugo

For testing, Hugo, with multiple receivers, TelliCast versions, and configurations (e.g. no RAMdisk, with RAMdisk for temp, with RAMdisk for temp & received). It's actually five PCs, as shown here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-dvb-s2.php#config

I have a spare LNB feed I can use for checking the cross-polarised signal.

Good news that you are able to use an older PC for EUMETCast. Do you monitor and record packet loss?

BTW: I've just updated some clients to TelliCast 2.14.4 and others to add the receive_buffer parameter. I'd be interested to know what value is optimum.