Re: Tellicast client version 2.14.4 for Linux

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I've tried the 2.14.4 Windows client simply by replacing the .exe and .lic files, and seen no difference.

There are two new parameters:

delay_channel_leave_time= will keep the multicast channel joined, needed only for multicast on WAN network, i.e. EUMETCast Terrestrial

receive_buffer_size= sets the kernel receive buffer (in MB) for the specified channel, helps mitigate slow IO performance of the computer or high load conditions

but they aren't documented in the program's Web Help, and the buffer had been set to 8000000 for all EUMETSAT channels. This leaves open the questions (a) is it bytes or megabytes (!), and (b) what is a reasonable value to use. I'd like to use 600+ MB for the HVS data but, as you hint, in a 32-bit system that might be a little limiting (if three Sentinel full-resolution files are sent at once). I have an outstanding query with EUMETSAT about this.

Do you have these new per-channel parameters in Linux? In the Web help?