Re: Vegetation index

Ferdinand Valk

-----Original Message-----
From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of David J Taylor via
Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, 23 July, 2018 10:54
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Vegetation index

The MSG Data Manager processes all incoming MPEF files and places them
correctly in the destination directory as defined. However, the NDVD and
NDVI
files that come in via data channel 8, are transferred as they are
(RAW) to the Data-channel-8 directory (not in the yyyy/mm/dd tree).
Is this an error on my side or are these files not being handled and
processed as
regular MPEF files?

Cheers,
Ferdinand Valk
==================================

Ferdinand,

As far as I can see from a quick glance, anything received in Data Channel
8
might be sent to the \Images\Data Channel 8\yyyy\mm\dd\ directory,
however,
this isn't one I routinely process. In Setup, Channel Selection, Other -
2 you
would need to have Manage Ch.8 data checked.

These seem to be Africa-specific and I don't know what data they contain
off-
hand. My test data is from 2009/2010 and appears to be Aqua/MODIS
Chlorophyll data.

=============================
David,

Yes, the 'Manage Ch.8 data' is checked. That's why I get the data correctly
delivered there.
The Chlorophyll data is still being sent (and being properly handled) but
the other data does not end up in the \yyyy\mm\dd tree but remains in the
\Images\Data Channel 8\ folder.
It concerns Decadal Vegetation Index data (NDVD/NDVI) and it would be very
welcome if it could be processed.
File names look like this:
L-000-MSG4__-MPEF________-NDVD_____-000001___-201806301200-__
L-000-MSG4__-MPEF________-NDVI_____-000001___-201806281200-__
As well as prologue files.
These are sent once every 10 days (one per type).
I will send you sample files off-line.

Cheers,
Ferdinand