Re: Vegetation index

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

The MSG Data Manager processes all incoming MPEF files and places them
correctly in the destination directory as defined. However, the NDVD and
NDVI files that come in via data channel 8, are transferred as they are
(RAW) to the Data-channel-8 directory (not in the yyyy/mm/dd tree).
Is this an error on my side or are these files not being handled and
processed as regular MPEF files?

Cheers,
Ferdinand Valk

Ferdinand,

As far as I can see from a quick glance, anything received in Data Channel 8 might be sent to the \Images\Data Channel 8\yyyy\mm\dd\ directory, however, this isn't one I routinely process. In Setup, Channel Selection, Other - 2 you would need to have Manage Ch.8 data checked.

These seem to be Africa-specific and I don't know what data they contain off-hand. My test data is from 2009/2010 and appears to be Aqua/MODIS Chlorophyll data.