Re: NOAA 20 Test Data.

Douglas Deans

On 19/07/2018 20:02, Ian Deans via Groups.Io wrote:
On 19/07/2018 19:44, Douglas Deans via Groups.Io wrote:
On 19/07/2018 19:30, David J Taylor via Groups.Io wrote:
Can anyone else confirm that there has been no NOAA 20 VIIRS M or DNB
test data from any of the EARS stations today.
Just in case it is me !

etc., etc.

73,
David GM8ARV

Thanks David. I usually check that but forgot that NOAA 20 is now operational and appearing there, but still under test for Eumetcast.

NOAA 20 seems to have been under test for ages. Not sure why Eumetsat are taking so long to have the data available to all !!!

Yes the VIIRS M and DNB data testing started on 16th April this year from Athens, Kangerlussuaq, Lannion, Maspalomas and Svalbard stations. so a very long test period considering the satellite is operational.
I wonder if Eumetsat are just waiting until the data is transferred to TP1 HVS-1 from TP2 but that is not until 22nd August (or perhaps until all the EARS stations are up and running).