Re: EUMETCastView

R. Alblas

xrit2pic can produce animations right from the received files.
I have it constantly running, producing a growing "animation-of-the-day", starting from scratch each day.
mplayer is used to show the animation, xrit2pic creates the growing avi file and controls mplayer to restart if a new part is added.
Maybe not the easiest to set up, but it works perfectly for months, without manually interfering (except for looking now and then...)

See:
http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/winsoft_msg.html
http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/man_xrit2pic.html#contmovie

Rob.

On 07/16/2018 06:06 PM, g3pha.morris@... via Groups.Io wrote:
I have recently returned to EUMETCast reception after an absence of 10years and slowly
evaluating the various imaging software now available. One such being the excellent EUMETCastView programme.
Is it possible to generate animations from the 15minute or 5minute EUMETCast data cycles processed by the
programme. Any advice welcome.      John G3PHA.