Re: TP-1 SNR.

Ian Deans

On 11/07/2018 10:45, geojohnt via Groups.Io wrote:
David,
Thanks for that.
Actually you suggested this during a 'bad signal' patch a year or so ago.
I did look at it, the 'building' and configuration of the programme and felt it was beyond my ability and didn't want endlessly to have to ask 'how do I set this up.'
The other thing would to only have a scale detailing 12.5 dB to 14.4 dB.
Today it's cool and cloudy here with the dish and LNB 'cold' and SNR is down to usual morning/day lower level 13.6 dB - quite steady at the moment, 09:43 UTC.
Power is -26 dBm which is the cooler evening reading.

John as you are noticing today the one thing I can say is that whatever is causing the signal drop that you and I and others are seeing it is NOT the hot weather.

This started with me in temperatures of around 10 degrees C on a cold east coast with mist and fog and the drop has not varied in the heat or even the cooler cloudy conditions today.

I am still about 0.5 SNR down and dish alignment and skew are fine.