Re: Signal

Ferdinand Valk

-----Original Message-----
From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ian Deans via
Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, 18 June, 2018 09:34
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: [MSG-1] Signal

I have to report that I am still seeing a drop of approx. 0.5 SNR on my
TP1 signal.

In fact today both my TP1 and TP2 signals are identical at about 13.00 SNR. My
TP1 signal does vary by about 0.7 SNR over a full day with the best signal ( 13.8
/ 14.00 ) overnight, probably due to my northerly location. I am using a 1.1
meter dish.

Ian,

Before the time of change I had a difference of about 0.1 dB in favour of TP-1. Now I'm measuring a difference of about 0.7 dB also in favour of TP1.
I can only account numbers reliably as from April last, because then the dish had to be realigned after the storm earlier in the year.

If I take the max SNR levels as reference: April was TP1= 15.5 and TP2= 15.4 dB. Current situation TP1=15.9 and TP2= 15.2 dB (these numbers are taken from the link margin graph plus 9.3 dB).
Of course you are in a more marginal region of the satellite's footprint, but as my TP1 went up considerably (at the expense of TP2) it is strange that yours went down instead. I can't explain it but it looks as if the focus of the footprint has changed a bit?

Cheers,
Ferdinand